An Ode To Boots

Sunday, August 10, 2014



Boots.  How I love thee (the UK drugstore, not the shoe.  Although I do love the shoe.  But that's a love story for another day).  A bit of backstory.

Over the past few years, I have been fortunate enough to find myself on the other side of the Atlantic quite a few times.  My long distance relationship found me exploring the streets of Dublin every few months.  While almost every aspect of being in a long distance relationship sucked tremendously, one thing most certainly did not--the opportunity to travel.  One fateful day, while wandering down Grafton street, I stumbled into Boots in search of cough drops.  And I never looked back.

To say my obsession with Boots has grown over the past few years is a vast understatement.  There's just something about it--the superior selections, the incredible products, the high quality.  My love of all things Boots was further fueled by the quantity of UK beauty bloggers topping my YouTube subscriptions.  Needless to say, shopping at Boots has become a part of my ritual every time I am lucky enough to find myself in Ireland.

And the best part of it all, I just so happen to be heading to Ireland in the very near future.  11 days in the future to be exact.  It goes without saying that I have been editing and adding to my Boots wish list for weeks (it is completely normal to plan your travel budget around the drugstore beauty products you want to purchase, right?).  The photo above is what I took home with me on my last Boots adventure.  Here is my current wish list, which is growing by the minute. I might not be able to afford to buy groceries this week, but that is a sacrifice I may just be willing to make.

1. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer--loved the formula and light reflecting properties of this foundation.  I really feel like this would be amazing for concealing those dark under eye circles when I just can't manage to get those 8 hours of sleep.

2. Tanya Burr Lipgloss--I love Tanya, and have been enviously watching YouTubers slather on these amazing shades for far too long.  I will definitely be picking up a few shades of these beauties.

3. Burjois Happy Light Concealer--because a girl can never have too many light reflecting concealers.  I also loved what the Burjois foundation I bought on my last trip did to my skin.  Blended flawlessly and look incredibly natural.

4. Soap & Glory Solar Powder--love Soap & Glory as a brand.  I have not yet really tried their makeup products, only their bath/body items, which I have loved.  Excited to give this one a go.

5. Rimmel Eyeliner in bronze--As a girl that wears eyeliner nearly every day, I am all about testing new shades and formulas.  I have seen this bad boy in action in a handful of tutorials, and feel the need to add it to my collection.

6. Burjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder--another Burjois face product.  I am looking to expand my powder horizon beyond Rimmel's Stay Matte.

7. Real Techniques brushes--the more I can get my hands on, the better.

8. Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker--I mean with a name that clever, how can I not?

9. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer--to repurchase or not to repurchase, that is the question.

10. Barry M Nail Gel in elderberry--The perfect purpley/grey color.  Yes please.


No comments:

Post a Comment