Surviving the Two Week Detox: Week 2

Monday, August 4, 2014

I made it out alive!  I currently write to you from the other side of 14 days of clean eating, and damn it feels good.  Not going to lie, it got pretty tough towards the end.  It wasn't so much the type of food that got to me, it was more the lack of freedom of choice in the plan.  I mean sometimes, the menu for the day just didn't suit my mood, or more accurately my stomach's mood.  Nevertheless, I stayed strong and powered through every last day.  So 14 days later, these are my final thoughts and learnings.

Dinner Tastes Better When Your Husband Prepares It





My husband bakes a mean chickpea.  I mean just look at that!  I am one lucky girl.  Honestly these chickpeas were incredible.  Mixed with veggies, the next day on a salad,  just delicious.  Definitely planning on making these again this week, or rather asking my husband the make them again (the man has a true talent).



Veggie Chili is the Best Chili





I can't say that this was a new revelation.  But I can say that I have a new go to chili recipe.  Actually I guess I can't say that, considering I didn't have an old go to chili recipe and in fact had never once made chili before this two week detox.  I guess what I can say is that I definitely plan on consuming this chili again in the near future.



Buzzfeed Can't Add
 
Day 10: Use 1/4 of an avocado
Day 11: Use 1/2 of an avocado
Day 12: Use 1/4 of an avocado
Day 13: Use your remaining 1/4 of an avocado

.....??  Why Buzzfeed? Why?



Do Not Fear the Sweet and Savory Omelette



(Also do not fear the above image.  Flipping an apple omelette is damn hard.)
Apples in an omelette.  An unconventional combination indeed.  But surprisingly good. And filling.  Now that is what I like to call a win-win.


Breakfast is Better When It's Purple




Or maybe it's just prettier to look at.  Either way, a smoothie for breakfast is just a great thing.  And those extra 5 minutes I get to spend sipping my morning coffee while scrolling through my Instagram feed are priceless.



It's OK to Have a Small Piece of Ice Cream Cake on your Grandfather's 80th Birthday

That is right Buzzfeed.  I simply could not resist.  Let's just get one thing straight, I will never be the type of girl who turns down a piece of ice cream cake.  Especially on such a momentous occasion.  And no two week detox is ever going to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment