Make It Happen

Sunday, January 4, 2015

I'm not the biggest fan of New Year's Resolutions.  In reality, January 1st is just another day--the same as the 365 that came before it.  If you want to make a change in your life, do it. Whether it's March 14th, May 3rd, January 4th--do it.

That being said, I have noticed myself falling a bit off course over the past few weeks.  I feel like I am not being the best version of myself--I am not doing things that I know make me happy, I am not pursuing the dreams that are the most important to me.  To put it simply, I have become a pretty huge lazy ass.

So here I sit, on January 4, 2015 ready to make some positive changes in my life.  Here is what I hope to accomplish, not solely because it is a new year, but because I'm tired of sitting around and waiting for things to happen.


A goal without a plan is just a wish.

Really, this line pretty much sums it all up for me.  I constantly fall victim to this: I wish I read more, I wish I wrote more, I wish I was in shape, I wish I lived in a different country, I wish I had job I loved......you get the picture.

Wanting all of this is great, but without action, without a plan, it remains a dream.  This is perhaps the biggest change I hope to make--to take action, to make a plan, to make it happen.

13.1

Miles that is.  The good old half marathon.  I feel like this really encompasses two goals: to get in shape, to accomplish something I set out to do.  Right now, I could painfully bang out a mile or two on the treadmill.  But I would be near my death bed and miserable by the time everything was said and done.  I want to start at the beginning, I want to train every day, I want to look back at where I am now after crossing the finish line.

Respect my body inside and out

It's all well and good to look amazing in a bikini, but really, health and fitness is so much more than that.  For me, this has been a really long journey, one that I have struggled with for pretty much my entire life.  I'm not looking for a quick fix--I want to put in the work, I want to earn the results.  I want to be good to my body.  And yes, I also want to look amazing in a bikini.

Be more organized

Physically and mentally.

Challenge my mind

Because spending the majority of your day wondering which model's ass will sell denim better on a website can sometimes start to rot your mind.  I want to write more, I want to read more, I want to wake up my mind.

Move abroad

A goal I have had for many years.  My husband and I always dream about our life abroad--what apartment we would live in, where we would work, what restaurants we would eat at.  For him, it would be moving back home, returning to the friends and family that he misses on a daily basis.  For me, it would be the adventure of a lifetime.  Starting over in a new place, with new experiences, new people, a completely new life.  Obviously, this is something that requires tons of planning.  The planning starts now.


Don't be afraid to make mistakes

"The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one."

Let go of that fear.





No comments:

Post a Comment